Fresh hard-boiled eggs combined with creamy avocado and crisp cucumbers, makes a perfect addition to your next picnic. Spread onto toast or add to lettuce for a light salad!
It hasn’t exactly felt like Spring around here lately. We’ve had temperatures in the 60’s with thunderstorms weekly! Typically here in Dallas, May is in the 70’s with bright, sunny skies. Hopefully as we enter June we’ll see more of that ;)
Today’s recipe is for this month’s Recipe Redux theme!
Small Plates For Sunny DaysSmall bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods. Thanks to Robin @RobinsBite for this month’s theme suggestion.
Eggs are probably my favorite kitchen staple. I always have a dozen on hand. For breakfast, I like to fry two in olive oil spray and eat it with my oatmeal or cereal for protein! Hard boiled eggs are great for quick snacks.
If you’re planning on hosting a shower or picnic, this recipe would be a great side dish. The simple flavors of avocado, mayo, egg and a hint of smoked paprika all work great together.
This egg salad is best eaten immediately after you make it. Avocado tends to turn brown once it’s exposed to air, so eat it right away for the fresh, green look and taste!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo made with olive oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then remove the pot from the heat and let sit, covered, for 20 minutes. Drain the eggs, add cold water and let sit for 10 minutes. Use whatever method you like, this is the one I've been using that works.
- Peel and dice the eggs. Add them to a large bowl.
- Peel the cucumber, and slice it lengthwise. Slice out the inner seeds. Dice and add to the eggs.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the meat. Add the avocado to the bowl.
- Add paprika, mayo, salt and pepper. Gently fold the salad together.