I don’t normally post three recipes in a row like I did this week, I usually like to space them out a little bit. But since I had the whole website crashing situation I had to post all my Cabot contest entry recipes three days in a row. The more cheese, the better right?
So far I’ve posted a recipe for Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Dip and Cheesy Sweet Corn & Cajun Shrimp Wonton Cups. Be sure to check out those two amazing recipes, they were a huge hit!
All three recipes (including today’s) are perfect for Superbowl Sunday! They’re all bite-size, dippable and packed with a ton of cheesy goodness, thanks to Cabot Creamery!
I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes. I was not additionally compensated for my time.
Cabot Creamery is challenging Recipe ReDux members to create a healthier snack. From finger foods to hearty apps, lighten up your favorite “big game” or red carpet eats for entertaining. Cabot Creamery is a family-farmer owned cooperative of more than 1200 farms located throughout New England and New York. One-hundred (100) percent of Cabot’s profits go back to their farmers. Cheddar cheese is a protein-rich snack and naturally lactose free!
Who doesn’t love meat loaf? Before I met my boyfriend, he had never had meatloaf. Can you believe that? Meatloaf was a staple at our house as a kid. I loved the ketchup topping and would always load my slice down with it. We always, always had mashed potatoes on the side. Today’s recipe is the perfect bite-size combination of meat loaf and cheese-loaded mashed potatoes, and comes with a side of brown sugar ketchup dipping sauce.
You know what sounds like a great watch party menu? Sweet potato gnocchi with cheddar beer sauce, cajun shrimp wonton cups, and meatloaf poppers :) Since Nick will be gone on Sunday, I will most likely be found in the kitchen working on recipes for the blog, or playing with my puppy. I am not particularily a football gal. Who are yall rooting for this Sunday?
Here’s todays recipe!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrot, grated and chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1.25 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chives, finely minced
- 6-8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Cabot Alpine Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and 1 tsp of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet and saute the garlic and carrot until the carrots are soft. Season with salt and pepper, and add the remaining 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Add to a large bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs, milk, dried parsley, and onion powder to the bowl.
- Add the eggs, egg white, beef, and 2 Tbsp of the ketchup mixture. Use your hands to combine everything together well.
- Divide the mixture into the mini muffin tins. Form each portion into a small ball and pat down into the muffin tin, leaving the top domed.
- Spoon a bit of the remaining ketchup mixture over the top of each cup and spread evenly. Reserve the remaining sauce to serve on the side.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the beef is fully cooked.
- Scrub & peel the potatoes and dice. Add water to cover and boil until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper and mash until smooth.
- Top with the mashed potatoes, a sprinkle of cheese and some chopped chives!
Be sure to check out the other recipes in the contest:
[inlinkz_linkup id=482636 mode=1]
Connect with Cabot Creamery!