Onward with the Recipe Redux/Cabot Cheese Contest!
Today I’m bringing you recipe #2: these cheesy, spicy, crunchy wonton cups. I will have to confess that after I shot the photos for this recipe, I ate all twelve. Yes. Every single last one of them. I definitely didn’t mean to eat all twelve but the smells of the goey cheese, spicy shrimp, and the golden crispiness of the wrappers enticed me. Plus, I was shooting three different recipes for the blog that day and I was ravenous (I’ll use that as my excuse).
I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes. I was not additionally compensated for my time.
Cabot Creamery is challenging Recipe ReDux members to create a healthier snack. From finger foods to hearty apps, lighten up your favorite “big game” or red carpet eats for entertaining. Cabot Creamery is a family-farmer owned cooperative of more than 1200 farms located throughout New England and New York. One-hundred (100) percent of Cabot’s profits go back to their farmers. Cheddar cheese is a protein-rich snack and naturally lactose free!
Yesterday, I posted a recipe for Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Dip. We’re keeping up the football game appropriate appetizers this week with today’s recipe! If you’re making these for a party, I would definitely double or triple the recipe. People are going to want several. Once you start, you can’t stop (obviously).
Anything creamy with shrimp is a winner in my book. The shrimp are tossed with a natural, salt free Cajun seasoning that I found at Sprouts. Add some crispy sweet corn and cheese and it really takes it to the next level. When you crunch into one of these, the spiciness of the shrimp pairs wonderfully with the creamy cheese filling and the juicy sweet corn. The wonton wrappers crisp up nicely in the oven!
You don’t have to use a fork to eat these. You could just pop the whole thing in your mouth at once, if you wanted to.
Here’s the recipe:
- 10-12 large steamed shrimp, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2 cup Cabot White Oak Cheddar Cheese, shredded + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, olive oil, and Cajun seasoning. Let rest while you make the filling.
- In a food processor, combine the corn, half and half, garlic, ricotta, cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth. Combine the filling with the shrimp and mix well.
- Fit a wonton wrapper into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of the corn & shrimp mixture to each of the wonton wrappers. Top with a sprinkle of additional cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
[inlinkz_linkup id=482636 mode=1]
Connect with Cabot Creamery!
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!
Sonali- The Foodie Physician says
Keep the Cabot cheesy goodness coming- these little bites look amazing! Good luck with the contest :)
Elizabeth @ Enjoy Every Bite says
I could go for some of these right now… maybe a lot of these right now! They look so yummy!
Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health says
i could definitely use this as an appetizer! looks so good.