Super moist strawberry cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting made with real strawberries. These strawberry cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your next party!
Twenty seven years ago on this day, my poor mother finally got relief from being pregnant in the 100+ degree weather of a Texas summer. I can’t imagine being pregnant in this heat, haha, so here’s to you mom!
Yes, today is my birthday. The big 2-7. My late twenties. It’s weird to be saying that, as sometimes I still feel like I should be 24 or 25. But alas, 27.
To celebrate, I baked myself strawberry cupcakes and made you a video!
I definitely should not receive any extra points whatsoever for my poor frosting skillz. I even bought a fancy frosting bag with tips, but alas, my frosting came out squiggly and all over the place. The frosting itself, is delicious, mind you. It’s basically butter, powdered sugar, strawberry puree and vanilla.
No artificial dyes or red 40 here!
These cupcakes have been taste tested and approved! I made a batch of 18 and told Nick to take a bunch to his work. We don’t need 18 cupcakes lying around, haha. Everyone from is office said they were moist and delicious!
I thought I’d make a list of my favorite parts of my 26th year. Here’s last year’s list if you’re curious!
- We got married! When I turned 26, I was planning our wedding which was just 4 short months away. I can’t believe how fast our first year of marriage is going.
- Weeklong honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, our first overseas trip
- Our niece, Kaylee was born!
- One of my best friends, Erin, had her first baby!
- Another best friend got married!
- Have officially been at my job at Dairy MAX for one year
What I’m looking forward to / hope to accomplish in my 27th year:
- Our upcoming trip to Ireland, Scotland and London!!
- Our first wedding anniversary <3
- Continue working on this blog and growing it into what I want it to be
- Potentially taking on a few intuitive eating clients (more on that to come!!)
- Living in the moment and appreciating the little things more
- Getting into a routine yoga and meditation practice!
Yay for another year full of good things happening and great people in my life. :)
Here’s the recipe for Super Moist Strawberry Cupcakes with Real Strawberry Buttercream Icing!
Super Moist Strawberry Cupcakes with Real Strawberry Buttercream Icing
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 5.9oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 10 strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, applesauce, beaten eggs, and water.
Line 18 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into each tin, filling about 3/4 of the way.
Bake for 25 minutes or until top is springy with touch and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tin for an hour before removing.
Puree the strawberries until smooth. Add to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the strawberry puree, whisking often, until the mixture reduces by half. Let come to room temperature.
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and whip until soft and fluffy. Mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar, then add the strawberry puree and vanilla. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
Frost the cupcakes once cool and serve!
Frosting inspiration from Cooking Classy.
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.