This light and refreshing dish bursts with the zesty essence of lemon and aromatic thyme, perfectly complementing the colorful assortment of vegetables and cauliflower rice. Prepare to indulge in a healthy and flavorful meal that will satisfy your cravings.
To create this delectable stir-fry, start by heating a drizzle of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and opaque, ensuring they are cooked through but still tender.
Next, incorporate the vibrant bell peppers, snap peas, and thinly sliced carrots into the skillet. Stir-fry the vegetables until they become crisp-tender, retaining their vibrant colors and natural crunch.
Now, it’s time to infuse the dish with the tantalizing flavors of lemon and thyme. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the stir-fry and sprinkle it with aromatic thyme leaves, allowing the citrusy tang and herbal notes to permeate throughout.
While the flavors meld together, prepare the cauliflower rice. Grate a head of cauliflower using a food processor or a box grater until it resembles rice-like grains. Heat a separate skillet with a drizzle of oil and sauté the cauliflower rice until it is tender yet still retains a slight bite.
Once the cauliflower rice is ready, combine it with the shrimp and vegetable stir-fry, tossing gently to incorporate all the ingredients. The cauliflower rice serves as a nutritious and low-carb alternative to traditional rice, while providing a neutral base that allows the flavors of the stir-fry to shine.
Before serving, garnish the dish with fresh thyme leaves and additional lemon slices for a burst of freshness and visual appeal.
Find more recipes like this at the American Diabetes Association Food Hub!
Lemon Thyme Shrimp Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice
This light and refreshing dish bursts with the zesty essence of lemon and aromatic thyme, perfectly complementing the colorful assortment of vegetables and cauliflower rice.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the mixed vegetables and sliced green onions to the skillet. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes until they turn pink and opaque.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is tender.
- Stir in the soy sauce, fresh thyme leaves, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Stir everything together to combine well and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired.