Herbed cream cheese & turkey tortilla rolls are the perfect game-day appetizer! Reduced fat cream cheese is combined with green onion, parsley, basil and black olives to create a creamy base, then topped with crunchy veggies and savory roasted turkey. Rolled together in a fiber-rich whole wheat tortilla means you get to snack smart– and it’s delicious too!
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All opinions are my own, thanks for supporting brands that make Zen & Spice possible!
You know that moment when you go to a party or get-together and you see your fav snack set out, and you do a little happy dance? That’s how I feel when I see tortilla rolls. My Grandma makes amazing tortilla rolls with lots of cream cheese and crunchy cucumber. Tortilla rolls are the kind of snack that you could just eat endless amounts, kind of like sushi. So addictive.
They’re even better when you make them a day ahead of time and let them sit overnight in the fridge and the herbs have time to soak their flavor into the cream cheese and the tortilla gets really soft!
Last week, I demo’d these rolls for my monthly cooking demo at Sprouts in Southlake, Texas and the crowd loved them! A couple kids in attendance told me me they liked these more than the other recipes I demo’d (southwest pasta salad and dill pickle dip)! I suggested they ask their parents to make them tortilla rolls to bring for lunch. Kiddos liked that idea :)
Customize these virtually any way you’d like. Sub out roast beef for the turkey. Take the meat out all together and add extra baby spinach or green leaf lettuce. Experiment with red bell peppers, jalapenos, or add extra cucumber.
Here’s the recipe for Herb Cream Cheese & Turkey Tortilla Rolls:
- 8oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. chopped black olives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 burrito size whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8oz shaved roasted turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Combine the cream cheese, black olives, green onions, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the tortillas. Lay the ingredients down in the middle of the tortilla: baby spinach, turkey, carrots, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- Roll the tortillas as tight as they can go and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight. To serve, unwrap and slice into pieces. Makes 20-30 pieces.
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.