I am so excited that it’s Thanksgiving week. This holiday is pretty much my favorite, food-wise. I can’t get enough of the turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, pumpkin pie… so excited! This year I’m taking a road trip with my family to my Aunt’s cabin in the woods of Oklahoma. I am so happy to be getting away and being able to relax and eat good food. Sad to have to leave Link the puppy with Nick for so long but mommy needs a break!
My friends over at ALOHA are doing a “pass the dish” for holiday gatherings project and I decided to join in, giving my own spin on “bringing a dish to pass.”. You can check out ALOHA’s awesome recipe page here.
I love spinach artichoke dip at parties and holiday get-togethers. I’m always the one to hover over it, eating crackerful after crackerful. Keep me away from the spinach artichoke dip or it’ll be gone before you know it!
This spinach artichoke dip is filled with three different types of cheese, sour cream, mayo garlic, vinegar, spinach and artichokes! It’s made healthier by choosing all low-fat or fat free versions of cheese, sour cream, and mayo. Serve with a side of reduced-fat Wheat Thins, or thinly sliced French bread.
Once you combine all the ingredients, it only needs to bake for about 20 minutes. Talk about an easy appetizer! It’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 10oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, thawed
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the parmesan, spinach and artichokes.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, feta, vinegar.
- Combine the two bowls together, spread into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or bread!