Happy Monday friends!
I am very excited to share with you this recipe today! I’m entering a recipe contest for The Recipe Redux, a group full of nutrition-savvy foodies who post amazing recipes each month. This contest is sponsored by the California Raisin Board– they’re looking for the best holiday recipe that is both delicious and includes extra nutrition for a little less indulgent of a holiday.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Raisin Marketing Board and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
California Raisins are an all-natural, dried-by-the-sun fruit you can feel good about eating, even during the holidays! They’re a great way to add flavor and healthfulness to holiday meals and desserts. The nutrition label on a box of California Raisins reveals how healthy they are! Zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. Plus, raisins have 9% of your daily fiber and potassium, and 6% of your daily iron.
Raisins are not only great for adding to meals and desserts, they’re great for snacking as well. They’re also an economical way to get your daily fruit intake. Just one large box of golden raisins for this recipe cost $3, and had plenty of servings to last a long time!
If you’ve been looking for a holiday dessert for your next party or family gathering– look no further! This recipe is sure to please a crowd. In fact, it’s proven. I made these over the weekend and taste-tested them at my friend’s holiday party and everyone was raving about them!
They’re perfect individual size portions made with lightened-up ingredients that will give you that creamy cheesecake feel without all the indulgence. The golden raisin puree adds another touch of sweetness while adding to the nutritional value!
This recipe made a large platter (25-30 bites) so be sure to bring them to your next get together!
For more information about all-natural, no-sugar added California raisins and for recipe inspiration, please visit www.loveyourraisins.com, or get social at www.facebook.com/californiaraisins, www.pinterest.com/calraisins, or www.twitter.com/caraisins.
Here’s the recipe for no bake cheesecake bites:
- 2 8-ounce packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lime
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp half and half
- 1 box honey flavored graham crackers
- 2 cups Golden California Raisins
- 1 half pint raspberries
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- 2" biscuit cutter
- Water spray bottle
- Soften the cream cheese and place into a large bowl. Add the sugar, honey, juice from the lime, vanilla and half and half. Use an electric beater to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place into a pastry bag or a quart size bag. Chill the cheesecake mixture while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small sauce pan, add the golden raisins. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-12 minutes until the raisins are plump.
- Drain the raisins, reserving 2 Tbsp of liquid. Add to a food processor and puree. Place into a plastic baggie and refrigerate.
- To cut the graham crackers, spritz with water and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds. Use the biscuit cutter to cut into circles.
- To assemble: cut the tips off the bags of the raisin and cream cheese mixtures and pipe 1-2 Tbsp of each onto each cracker. Top with a fresh raspberry and an optional mint leaf. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Be sure to check out the other recipes in the contest!
[inlinkz_linkup id=466354 mode=1]
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.