A quick pasta sauce made of avocado, fresh basil, garlic, lemon and olive oil is the perfect way to bring the taste of summer to anytime of the year. Serve this avocado fettuccine for dinner with a side salad for a comforting, healthy meal!
If you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner, this is for you! This creamy avocado sauce is so simple– everything comes together in the food processor in seconds. The avocado, basil and lemon are perfect for a summer dinner!
My favorite thing about this pasta dish is that I can make the sauce AND a side salad, all while the pasta is cooking. A whole dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes? Perfect!
I made you a video to show you how simple this is. I added cherry tomatoes for a little color– you can do this as well or leave them out!
One thing to remember if you cook with avocado– it should be eaten the same day. Avocado likes to go brown when left alone for too long so this doesn’t make the best packed lunch or leftovers. Enjoy warm right away :)
Here’s the recipe for Avocado Fettuccine:
- 8oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, basil, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Puree until smooth.
- Toss the cooked pasta along with the sauce.
- Make sure you serve this immediately. If you save it for leftovers, there's a chance the avocado might turn brown.
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.