A quick pasta sauce made of avocado, fresh basil, garlic, lemon and olive oil is the perfect way to bring the taste of summer to anytime of the year. Serve this avocado fettuccine for dinner with a side salad for a comforting, healthy meal!
- 8oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, basil, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Puree until smooth.
- Toss the cooked pasta along with the sauce, halved cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Make sure you serve this immediately. If you save it for leftovers, there’s a chance the avocado might turn brown.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: pasta, avocado, basil, cherry tomatoes