Ever have a craving for savory Asian-style peanut noodles? Now you can whip them up whenever you want with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I first made peanut noodles for me and the fiance probably 5 years ago. I went over to his place one Friday night to make him dinner. Being a bachelor who lived by himself, I remember having to buy Sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, carrots, etc… I think all he had was the spaghetti and peanut butter. Also, he didn’t have any non-stick pans and his dishes didn’t look this pretty, haha.
Over the years, I’ve made this recipe countless times. It’s always been a favorite. Sometimes I’ll use spaghetti noodles or fettuccine, or sometimes rice or pad Thai style noodles. You can also switch up the veggies– sometimes I’ve used broccoli or cucumbers. But the best is shredded carrots and zucchini!
Sometimes I like to just make a big bowl just for myself, though. I work from home now, which means I can actually cook myself lunch!
So, I figured out the right portions of everything to whip up one serving of the sauce.
If you ever get that craving too — be sure to save this recipe for that time!
Here’s the recipe for Asian Peanut Noodles for One:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- squirt of Sriracha, to taste
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- lime wedges
- crushed peanuts
- Cook 2-3 ounces of spaghetti pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine all of the sauce ingredients and whisk well. Heat over medium-low heat and stir occasionally until the sauce becomes smooth and well blended.
- Toss the sauce with the noodles. Pour into a bowl, top with zucchini, carrots, green onion, lime wedges and crushed peanuts.
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.