What could be better than barbecue chicken? Having it ready in less than an hour with only a few minutes prep. Tangy, sweet and spicy barbecue sauce marinates chicken drumsticks which are baked until tender.
Life has been all about easy dinners lately. I’ve barely been doing any cooking because of so much that’s going on! I got back Sunday night from a bachelorette party in Austin for one of my best friends. We rented out an AirBnB in the hill country and it was gorgeous!
Saturday morning we went to Hamilton Pool. It’s a natural swimming pool in a canyon below a 50-foot waterfall. The water was a little cool, but when you got in it was amazing. I could have stayed there all day.
We’re also preparing to move to Fort Worth next week. So as you probably can tell, my life is a little crazy right now. Meals need to be as simple as possible, and this chicken dish is SO easy!
All you need is chicken drumsticks and your favorite BBQ sauce. Mine is Stubb’s — the original version. It’s the perfect amount of sweet and spicy without high fructose corn syrup.
First, you’ll put the chicken in a big zip lock bag and pour the barbecue sauce on top. Zip it up and shake it around and then place in a bowl. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.
Then, you’ll just throw them in a glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes on each side. So easy! I served these with my famous smoky polenta fries and roasted zucchini (recipe coming later in the week!).
You can easily store these in the fridge and eat them as leftovers the next day.
If you’re short on time and you want a delicious dinner, try these delicious barbecue chicken legs.
Here’s how to make Easy BBQ Baked Drumsticks!
- 6 drumsticks
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Add the drumsticks to a gallon size bag. Place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce the bag, zip it up and toss to coat each piece. Let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle the bottom of an 8x8 glass pan with olive oil to lightly coat. Place drumsticks in alternating pattern.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip, then bake for another 30 minutes until the chicken reads 165 degrees with a thermometer.