Roasted carrots make a fantastic side dish! These carrots are tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and roasted until soft. A pre-made balsamic glaze adds a delicious finishing touch.
Onward with my quest to share with you my favorite veggie side dishes! Last week I shared how to make my sauteed green beans. I make those green beans once or twice a week. Today I’m sharing another side dish– roasted carrots!
When I think of roasted carrots, I automatically think of a beef roast with potatoes, onions and carrots. Don’t you just love how juicy and soft those carrots are? Roasting them in the oven is what creates that awesome tender, juicy, flavorful carrot.
Roasting vegetables is probably my favorite way to cook them. The high heat caramelizes the veggie, and takes away any bitterness you’d find from the raw vegetable. By adding garlic, salt and pepper, you can enhance the flavor!
Over the weekend, I made BBQ baked chicken (recipe coming this week!) and served it alongside these roasted carrots and my polenta fries.
The balsamic glaze is from Trader Joe’s — it’s pre-made and comes in a squeeze bottle! Try these amazing carrots for your next easy dinner side.
Here’s the recipe for Balsamic Roasted Carrots!
- 1 lb large carrots
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze (I use Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Slice in half, and slice each half into quarters, evenly as you can.
- Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil until each piece is covered in a thin layer.
- Dust with garlic powder and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately!
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!