These pancetta, potato & egg cups are perfect to enjoy for breakfast or to serve as an appetizer at your next party. They’re layered with mashed potatoes, eggs, and chipotle adobo sour cream sauce. Impress your Dad and make these for Father’s Day!
I received coupons for free samples of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
This is my second entry for the Davidson’s Safe Choice Pasteurized eggs. Yesterday I shared a recipe for Creamy Orzo, Sweet Corn And Basil With Baked Eggs.
The pasteurization process for eggs uses heat to destroy bacteria and viruses. The eggs are submerged in a warm water bath at an exact temperature to destroy bacteria, without cooking the egg. After pasteurization, the eggs are sealed with a food-grade wax coating to prevent contamination and preserve freshness.
Pasteurized eggs are great for those with compromised immune systems, young children, and the elderly. You can feel safe eating a pasteurized egg raw or lightly cooked.
For today’s recipe I decided to whip out the muffin tin and make some tasty pancetta cups! I love how pancetta comes in round cuts, perfect for placing into the center of a muffin tin to create a “crust”. These cute little guys are perfect for a hearty breakfast, or you can serve them as an appetizer at your next party.
These cups are layered– pancetta, creamy mashed potatoes, whisked egg & adobo sour cream mixture, and shredded parmesan. After it’s done baking, the dish is drizzled with more sour cream adobo sauce and chopped cilantro.
FYI– This is spicy!! You can change the level of spiciness by how much adobo sauce you add. You don’t have to use it at all if you don’t want to. But I like spicy food, so I would recommend!
[ignore my bad manicure!]
Here’s the recipe!
- 12 slices pancetta
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt + fresh black pepper
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice Pasteurized Shell Eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- shredded parmesan for topping
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, and add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, mash until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, and about 1 Tbsp of the chipotle sauce (this is all you will use, so pour the rest of the can in a plastic baggy and freeze for another time). Whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl, crack the eggs and whisk. Add 2-3 Tbsp of the sour cream mixture and stir well.
- To assemble: Place one piece of pancetta into each cup (pressing down to create a cup shape) , plus a scant 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes, and then pour the egg and sour cream mixture on top. Top with shredded parmesan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until egg is set. Drizzle with the remaining sauce and the cilantro.
[inlinkz_linkup id=513911 mode=1]