Switch things up this school year with breakfast sandwiches for dinner! Flaky buttermilk biscuits are topped with a sweet maple veggie sausage, savory eggs with baby spinach, and a slice of Colby Jack! Served with a side of salty sweet potato fries, these breakfast sandwiches are sure to fill your family’s bellies!
- 1 package of Mason Dixie Buttermilk Biscuits
- 6 Hilary’s Apple Maple Veggie Breakfast Sausages
- 1 package of frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 5oz package of baby spinach
- 6 slices Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the biscuits 1-inch apart on one side of a greased baking sheet. Add the sausages 1-inch apart on the other side. Bake for 20 minutes, removing the sausages at 10 minutes.
- On another baking sheet, spread out the sweet potato fries. Bake for 20 minutes, or according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt.
- Heat the butter in an oven-proof non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the baby spinach and cook until wilted, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the spinach mixture, moving the pan in a circular motion to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until the egg barely sets around the edge (egg is no longer runny around the edge).
- Once the biscuits and sausages are done, place the skillet in the oven and bake until the top is set, 2-3 more minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on the eggs so they don’t burn. Remove from oven and use a knife or cookie cutter to divide into 6 pieces.
- To serve, layer a veggie sausage, egg, and cheese on the biscuits. Serve with a side of sweet potato fries.
Keywords: breakfast sandwiches, breakfast for dinner, breakfast