Cheese tortellini tossed in a creamy tomato sauce with plenty of salty Parmesan cheese and wilted baby spinach.
- 1 16-oz pkg cheese tortellini
- 1 14.5oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach (julienned)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until bubbling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and half and half. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini, and add to the saucepan with the sauce. Stir in the baby spinach and let the heat wilt the spinach slightly. Serve with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese.