- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 32 fl oz (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup degerminated cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium zucchini squash, diced
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower, broth, polenta, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until polenta is soft and the mixture has thickened, 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add zucchini and corn to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly browned and softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Add shrimp to the skillet with the veggies; cook until opaque, 4-5 minutes. Pour the BBQ sauce into the skillet and toss to combine.; remove from heat.
- Add cheese and 2 Tbsp butter to the pan with the cauliflower grits and stir until melted and well combined. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide cauliflower grits between plates or bowls. Top with vegetables and shrimp.