This cheesy spinach lasagna for two is so easy to throw together and tastes delicious! Four layers of ricotta, noodles, sauce, and sauteed spinach.
Italian food is probably my favorite cuisine. If you’re a long-time reader of the blog you probably already knew that, considering I have dozens of pasta recipes on the website and even did an Italy series earlier this year. If you’re the same, be sure to try my Pasta alla Norma or Lagane e Ceci. Since Abbey doesn’t currently eat an adult size serving of food (some days it seems like she does), it’s just me and my husband for dinner most nights. I love leftovers, but sometimes you just don’t want to deal with them. Enter this lasagna recipe: the perfect portion for just two people.
What you’ll need to make Cheesy Spinach Lasagna for Two
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs Zen and Spice participates in.
- Large skillet
- Mixing bowls
- Oven mitts
- Small glass baking dish (for bread and such)
How to make Cheesy Spinach Lasagna for Two
Saute the shallot and spinach
First, you’ll finely dice or mince the shallot and stir fry it with the spinach. You want the spinach to be wilted before you assemble it into the lasagna, so the water from the spinach doesn’t make the dish extra liquidy.
Whisk together the sauce
The sauce is simple: canned tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt. Feel free to use jarred pasta sauce here in equal amounts if you want to save time.
Assemble the lasagna
Carefully follow the instructions for assembly — you’ll layer sauce, noodles, spinach, and cheese until all of the ingredients have been used. Finally, you’ll bake for 25 minutes and dig in!
Here’s the recipe for Four Layer Cheesy Spinach Lasagna for Two:Print
Four Layer Cheesy Spinach Lasagna for Two
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add the shallot to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 1-2 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spinach, add to the skillet with the shallot. Cook, stirring frequently, until spinach has wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Grate the Parmesan and mozzarella.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan, and half of the mozzarella. Add the spinach mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Coat the bottom of a small baking dish or loaf pan with tomato sauce. Add one lasagna noodle on top of the sauce. Add ¼ cup of sauce, one-third of the spinach mixture, and a noodle. Repeat this step twice more until you have formed three layers. Top with a final noodle, the rest of the sauce, and the other half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!
[email protected] says
Made this last night… was amazed at how good it was! Shared the recipe with many friends lol!