8 slices whole grain bread
12 slices prosciutto
2 small pkgs fresh basil, washed and leaves separated
1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
2 tsp honey
1 oz Parmesan cheese
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- Preheat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Layer the bread with slices of proscuitto, basil leaves, and sliced mozzarella.
- Coat the grill pan with 1 Tbsp butter or oil.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches to a plate and add more butter to the pan; return the sandwiches to the pan, browned-side-up, and cook until golden brown on the other side and the cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes.
- While the sandwiches cook, juice the lemons into a large bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, salt, and honey.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmesan into strips.
- Add the arugula and shaved Parmesan to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad alongside the sandwiches.