Tender yellow potatoes, zucchini and cherry tomatoes tossed with tofu and seasoned with traditional Italian seasonings like garlic, basil and oregano. This Italian Tofu Scramble is a perfect vegan breakfast any time of the week!
- 2 medium yellow potato, small diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini squash, cut into half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add the diced potatoes to a saucepan and cover with hot water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 7 minutes. Once fork tender, drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the cooked potatoes, onion, zucchini, garlic and spices to the skillet. Crumble the tofu with your fingers into the skillet and stir to combine. Saute until the veggies are softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cherry tomatoes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tofu, vegan