The combination of mushrooms, bacon, avocado, and salty hard-boiled egg is perfect when combined with a vinegar Dijon dressing made right in the skillet! This warm spinach salad is a delicious, easy, and hearty meal sure to fill you up and satisfy your taste buds.
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Drain hot water and add ice or run under cold water to cool.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Slice the mushrooms.
- Once the bacon is cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; pat to remove excess oil. Crumble or chop into small pieces.
- Return skillet (with bacon fat) to the stove over medium heat. Add the onions, mushrooms, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, 5-6 minutes. Leaving bacon fat in the skillet, transfer the vegetables to a plate; set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, oil, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Whisk vigorously, scraping the bottom of the skillet to incorporate any browned bits. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat, whisking occasionally, until dressing thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Halve and pit the avocados; slice crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
- Peel and slice the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, onion, mushrooms, avocado, and dressing from the skillet. Toss to combine.
- Top with the sliced egg and enjoy!