Rethink your oatmeal– it’s time to come to the savory side! Try this savory oatmeal with Vermont sharp cheddar, cottage cheese, fried eggs, bacon, avocado, and sriracha!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup steel-cut oatmeal
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Cabot cottage cheese
- 8oz Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- Olive oil spray
- 1 egg per person
- Avocado slices
- Bacon crumbles
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oats, stir to toast for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add milk and water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cottage cheese and cheddar until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Crack in eggs and cover, cooking until the whites are cooked through but yolks are runny.
- Divide oats into 4 to 6 bowls. Top with avocado slices, fried eggs, bacon, a sprinkle of cheddar, and a generous squeeze of sriracha!