This Classic French Toast recipe is simple and easy to make any day of the week! Bread dipped in cinnamon sugar egg mixture and fried in butter until crispy. Top with maple syrup! Serve with a side of seasonal fruit salad.
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter
4 slices bread
1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
1 cup blueberries
1 orange, sliced
2 kiwi, sliced
juice 1 lime
maple syrup, butter, powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl or pie dish, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg batter, covering both sides. Place into the hot skillet and cook for 2-3 min per side, until each side is browned evenly.
- Combine the fruit in a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve the French toast slices with a drizzle of maple syrup, another small pat of butter, and powdered sugar (optional) with a side of fruit salad.
Leftover fruit salad will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.