- 1 cup basmati rice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 green bell peppers, medium diced
- 2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch green onions (scallions), sliced
- ½ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add 2 cups water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- Place soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl; whisk to combine the sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp sesane oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and bell peppers; continue to cook, stirring often, until veggies begin to soften, 3-4 more minutes.
- Pour sauce into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens, 5-6 minutes.
- Add cashews to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Divide rice between bowls; top with chicken stir-fry and green onions.