This traditional Italian soup is so easy to make at home with plenty of pantry staples!
- 4 Italian-style pork sausages
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced (1/8-inch)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 4 fl oz (½ cup) heavy cream
- Use the tip of a knife to slice down the length of the sausages. Peel off the casing and discard.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add pork and break apart with a spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crumbly, 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and spices to the pot. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and kale to the pot.
- Let the soup simmer, covered, until potatoes are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add cream and stir to combine.