Time for another Weekly Bites! This week of dinners were easy and quick.
1. Gluten free ziti noodles with homemade marinara, zucchini noodles, sauteed asparagus, and breaded baked chicken breast.
2. Broiled BBQ salmon, green beans, mashed potatoes
3. Dinner at my parent’s house: Crab-stuffed Flounder, (YUM) broccoli and my dad’s famous rice pilaf
4. More rotisserie chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes
1. Sauteed tilapia (in olive oil), spiralized sweet potato has browns, baked at 350 for 30 minutes
2. Dinner just for me: zucchini noodles, homemade marinara, ground turkey, roasted bell peppers, sauteed kale, spinach and mushrooms (Nick wouldn’t have touched this with a 50-foot pole)
3. Pizza night! Whole wheat crust, no salt added tomato sauce, roasted red bell pepper, basil and oregano from my new herb garden.
4. Strawberries were on sale ($1.80!!) so we loaded up this week. We put them in our standard Cesar salads. Delish!
1. Zucchini noodles, parmesan, teriyaki ahi tuna patty, butternut squash “rice”
2. Tropical Salad from Gloria’s: spinach, lettuce, oranges, mangoes, strawberries, grilled chicken, honey balsamic vinaigrette
3. RD day lunch! Seared shrimp and scallops on a bed of spinach, broccolini, and mushroom risotto
4. Zucchini noodles with homemade pesto, chickpeas, side of sauteed potatoes with frozen mixed veggies
Yum! It was a tasty week. What have you been cooking lately?
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!