Time for another weekly bites! Here’s what we’ve been eating:
From top left:
1. Couscous bowl with spinach, roasted bell peppers, black beans and feta cheese.
2. Couscous bowl again, this time the feta cheese doubled…
3. Pinch of Yum’s Spicy Peanut Chicken Soba Noodle Salad, made with rice noodles instead of soba noodles, took out the chicken, and added shredded carrots. Oh and added sriracha for some heat!
4. Inspiralized’s Sweet Potato Noodles with Pancetta and Spinach, except I used prosciutto instead. I loved it, I had to make Nick a grilled cheese, haha. I thought the flavor was awesome though.
1. Inspiralized’s Teriyaki Chicken, Bok Choy and Corn Zucchini Noodles. This. was. awesome. I hadn’t cooked bok choy before and it was delicious! I loved the combination of teriyaki sauce with the corn and zucchini.
2. Same, we had it for two nights in a row– SO GOOD.
3. Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Bacon & Parmesan and breaded Parmesan chicken! This was amaaazing. The creamy pesto sauce was to die for.
4. Rice noodles with pesto (jarred) and fresh sauteed green beans.
1. Quinoa, spinach, green pea with garlic salt. Easy lunch.
2. Salad from Mi Cocina– romaine, avocado, mango, radishes, and seasoned shrimp. Tasted great with a margarita.
3. We’re celebrating Hospital Week, and our hospital was giving out ice cream sandwiches. This was two chocolate chunk cookies with chocolate ice cream in the middle. Talk about a YOLO meal!
4. Mother’s Day Dinner: Grilled trout, grilled asparagus, wild brown rice medley, compliments of my dad. I wish we could grill out at our apartment complex. I sure will be missing grilled food this summer.
And pictures of our sweet dog, Zoe, from last weekend’s Mother’s Day dinner. She lives with my parents and now that I live on my own I miss her so much. I wish we could get a puppy!
What have you been eating lately? Tried any new good recipes?
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!