Satisfy those burrito cravings with this delicious vegetarian burrito! Stuffed with sweet potato, black beans, red bell pepper, spices, and creamy cheddar cheese.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt to the pot; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and broth to the pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain the vegetables; return them to the pot and place on low heat.
- Add the black beans, cheddar, cilantro, and yogurt to the pot. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly and place in the middle of each tortilla. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll tightly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Lay the burritos seam side down and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
To make this vegan, substitute 1/4 cup of vegan mayo for the cheese and sour cream.