Happy Friday everyone!
I am so happy the weekend is here and happy that I get to share this amazing recipe with you. I made this a couple weeks ago for a Miss America watch party with my mom, Grandma, sister and Aunt. Yes, you heard that right. A Miss America watch party. Before you make fun of us, be sure to know that we watch it for the laughs.
My mom asked us all to bring a dessert. I was trying to decide between peanut butter cookies or Skinny Taste’s Fruit Pizza, which I have made several times and it’s always a hit. I made it the last time we had a family get together and everyone loved it. I decided to make the fruit pizza again, but while I was getting ready to go to the grocery store a great idea hit me. What if I made it chocolate??
Then this delicious creation was made. It is SO good, let me tell you. It was just my luck that raspberries were on sale at Sprouts for 99 cents a pint!
This is the perfect combination of chocolate, cream cheese, raspberries and a chocolate crunch drizzle. The milk chocolate chips in the cookie base really turn it up a notch. My family gobbled these up. I had some leftover and brought them home to Nick and we ate them for dessert for a couple days.
Just imagine biting into these rich chocolate chip cookies with vanilla cream cheese frosting, topped with fresh raspberries and hardened chocolate drizzle. *drool*
Here’s the adapted recipe for triple chocolate raspberry pizza! Be sure to check out Skinny Taste’s original recipe as well, it’s amazing!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 half pints of raspberries
- 2 blocks of semi-sweet baker's chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking sheet (9x13) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly until mixed thoroughly. Add a drop or two of water if the batter looks crumbly. It should be smooth. Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter onto the baking sheet into a thin layer. Try to cover the entire baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden. Let cool on wire rack.
- In another bowl, use a beater to mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Once cool, cut the cookie into desired amount of pieces.
- Spread the frosting onto the middle of each cookie slice. Put 3-4 raspberries on each cookie. Drizzle the melted semi sweet baker's chocolate onto each cookie.
- Let cool in the fridge before serving!
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!