Happy Sunday everyone!
Today I just wanted to pop in and show y’all what I did for Sunday Food Prep today. I made my meal plan and went to the grocery store yesterday.
- Fresh carrots– about 2 pounds, peeled and cut. We both like these better than baby carrots. For some reason they taste different.
- Turkey Pinwheels for my lunches this week! I made five servings to bring with me to work this week. I’ve been eating from the cafeteria the past month and I got really sick of what they have so I decided to bring my lunch this week. Make sure to check back next week for the recipe! (I use these Ziploc Containers for my lunches*)
- Washed grapes, ready to eat.
- Lately I’ve been loving Blue Diamond’s Nut Thins. They’re amazing. If I’m not careful, I could eat a whole box in one sitting. This week I pre-portioned some out to bring with me for lunch.
- Not pictured: I used a melon-baller (I like this one! OXO Good Grips Melon Baller*) to cut up a watermelon I got from Sprouts for only $1.99!
I thought it would be cool to start sharing my meal plan with you all because of how important meal planning is to me. I plan all of our meals at the beginning of the week, then create a grocery list from my meal plan.
I was at Sprout’s yesterday shopping, and it dawned on me that NO ONE ELSE was holding a shopping list and pen in their hands. No one! And it was a busy day! That means that no one else shopping that day had a meal plan, or else they just have an insane memory and could remember everything they needed. It’s just crazy to me that someone would walk into a grocery store without a list.
Anyway! Here’s our meal plan. Breakfast is pretty much the same every week. I pack snacks for myself for work. I have been buying my lunch from my work’s cafeteria the past couple months, but I’m getting a little tired of the choices so I decided to bring my lunch this week.
I’m really excited for this week’s dinners. Check back with me for recipes for the turkey pinwheels, cheesy quinoa patties, and chicken fettuccine casserole!
What have you meal prepped today? Do you meal plan?
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!