Just wanted to share a quick spring salad recipe today. Strawberries have been on sale at the grocery store lately– $2.49 for a large box! What a deal! We’ve been including them in our salads lately to add a touch of sweet flavor. I made this spinach salad when Nick was gone for the evening and it was delicious!
The dressing is a simple vinaigrette that I whisked together when I found some pear-infused white wine vinegar at Wal-Mart. The second I saw it on the shelf I had to try it out! The vinegar had just enough of sweet and sour. It tasted great mixed with olive oil and honey.
I think berries are my favorite fruit, strawberries being my most favorite. I get so happy when I see strawberries on sale, I load up and try to add them to any dish that I can.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup garlic croutons
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup pear infused white wine vinegar (or regular white wine vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a bowl or plate, arrange the spinach, avocado, cucumber, croutons, and feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- I added some fresh chopped basil to my salad dressing. This is optional :)
What is your favorite spring salad recipe?
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!