- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 8oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 24- oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 15- oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5oz baby spinach, fresh
- 1 cup whole fat ricotta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella for topping
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions and mushrooms have softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add marinara, tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt, oregano, pepper, bay leaf, broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream and spinach until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and top with a dollop of ricotta and a sprinkle of mozzarella.