Tilapia tastes great covered with a crispy panko crust, pan-fried in olive oil. Serve with seasonal fresh veggies and a grain such as couscous or rice.
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Set three dishes side by side on the counter. Fill one with the flour, another with the egg (whisked + splash of water) and the third with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each filet into the flour, covering both sides. Next, dip into the egg. Finally, dip into the Panko, making sure both sides get a nice covering.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the fish and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until they’re golden and crisp and the fish easily flakes.