- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, small diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaved minced
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the garlic, onion, and ginger to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the jalapeños, bell peppers, curry powder, and salt to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and water to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil over high heat, then add the red lentils. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, 22-25 minutes.
- To serve, divide the lentil curry between bowls; top with sliced avocado and minced cilantro.
Keywords: lentil curry