Take advantage of seasonal stone fruit with these pan-seared pork chops drizzled with sweet and savory plum sauce. Served with crispy potatoes and tender broccolini, this meal will surely be a hit!
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups plums, peeled and diced (about 5 plums)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt
- 1 bag of Sprouts Brand creamer yellow potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Salt + pepper
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 boneless pork chops
For the Plum Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, plums, onion, garlic, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the fruit begins to soften. Add the red wine and rosemary and simmer for another 15 minutes, until reduced by half. Once finished, remove from heat and set aside.
For the Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes into quarters and toss in the avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
For the Broccolini:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the broccolini and stir fry until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Pork Chops:
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Lay pork chops in the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on one side.
- Turn the chops over, reduce heat to medium, and cook for another 4-5 minutes (until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees).
- Remove the pork chops and set on a plate. Cover tightly with foil and let rest for 5 more minutes.
Serve the pork chops with a spoonful of plum sauce, and a side of potatoes and broccolini.