Here’s in introduction to another type of post I plan on doing: Fashion Finds!
Although I admit, most of the clothes I buy are workout or lounge clothes. Look out for future posts about my favorite workout shirts, pants, leggings, shoes, yoga outfits, etc.
For my first post, I wanted to talk about my new Nike Free 5.0+ shoes.
I wasn’t paid to talk about these shoes, they are just seriously the most comfortable running shoes I’ve ever had. They’re lightweight, soft, colorful, and have great traction. They have what Nike calls a “barefoot-like feel”, so they provide the foot strengthening benefits of your natural motion, with the protection of a traditional shoe.
- Flexibility—the sole of the shoe has these deep groves cut into it, which allows the shoe to be bent in all directions. I did pilates in them the other day and I was able to do downward dog with my feet flexed.
- Supportive fit: They feel like a glove for your feet but with support.
- Lightweight: they only weigh 6.7 ounces.
- The laces tie easy and don’t come undone.
- Apparently if you buy a sensor kit you can take the sensor out and connect it with the Nike + Training app and it’ll track your movement. I’ll have to figure out how to do this!
- They come in really cute colors! For an extra $35, you can even customize all the colors yourself. My second choice would have probably been the pink ones!
It was a very different feeling to run in them, it felt like I wasn’t wearing shoes. But halfway through the run I got used to it.
It definitely feels like you’re not wearing shoes, which makes your muscles work harder. A great way to tone up! Plus they’re super cute and look awesome with yoga pants.
The insides are a cool lime green.
Ahh! I’ll have to resist the urge to buy another pair!!
What are your favorite workout shoes?
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!