Sweet corn combined with Parmesan, chives, cornmeal, and a touch of flour formed into patties and pan-fried until golden. Pairs perfectly with a simple salad with vinegar dressing and a sunny-side-up egg.
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup polenta (cornmeal)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small pkg chives, minced
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 10 oz spring mix greens
- Sweet chili sauce (about 2 Tbsp per person)
- Add corn, Parmesan, polenta, flour, chives, and 2 eggs into a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1/4 cup oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Using a ¼-cup measure, form the corn mixture into ½-inch thick patties. Add to the skillet and cook, flipping once, until patties are golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Set the skillet (with oil) aside for later use. Work in batches if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add carrot and greens to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Gently crack the remaining eggs into the skillet and cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, divide salad, fritters, and eggs between plates. Drizzle with sweet chili sauce.