Spice things up for dinner with this veggie-packed Cajun shrimp skillet. Spiced with homemade Cajun seasoning, these juicy shrimp, zucchini, bell pepper, and corn are served alongside easy red rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix together the spices.
- Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the saucepan is hot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the shallots and celery to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and half of the spice mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring continuously, 1 minute.
- Add the rice and broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and oil to the medium bowl with the rest of the spice mixture. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and frozen corn to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet; cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, remove skillet from heat.
- To serve, divide the rice between bowls and top with the shrimp and vegetables.