Cheesy and savory spaghetti squash pancakes are the perfect side dish! Roasted spaghetti squash is combined with parmesan cheese, flour and garlic to create these crispy pancakes.
Today I’ve got a delicious recipe to share with you! Earlier this year, I shared a recipe for zucchini pancakes — one of my favorite ways to cook zucchini and probably my favorite veggie side. My sister actually introduced me to making zucchini pancakes and I fell in love!
When you add parmesan and garlic to veggies it really takes them to the next level. And when you add flour and turn them into pancakes, even better!
I had a spaghetti squash that had been sitting around on my counter for a while and I was trying to think of a way I could use it. We typically have roasted spaghetti squash with some type of pasta sauce– Nick likes alfredo style sauces and I am a fan of the marinara.
Instead of using zucchini, I decided to use the spaghetti squash in hand for the same veggie pancake recipe!
And let me tell you– DELICIOUS. I think I ate four of these after I was done photographing them. Cheesy, salty, and the outside is crispy while the inside is creamy and noodle-y.
If you’re a fan of spaghetti squash, you’ve got to try this recipe out!
Here’s the recipe for spaghetti squash pancakes:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- sour cream and green onions for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking sheet cut side up and roast for about an hour until the flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then use a fork to shred the squash.
- Squeeze the squash with clean hands over a colander in the sink to remove as much water as you can.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded squash, flour, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- By 1/4 a cup, scoop the mixture into the hot skillet and flatted with a spatula. Fry until browned on each side, about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Let rest on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.