Fresh or frozen green beans are transformed into a garlicky and tender side dish. Serve alongside Italian pasta dinners or a juicy steak. To make these sauteed green beans, you’ll only need 5 ingredients.
Introducing… my all-time most-often cooked side dish: sauteed green beans. I make these at least once a week. They are probably my fiance’s favorite vegetable, one that he will always eat, guaranteed.
He’s not the world’s biggest vegetable fan (although I’m on a mission to lead him down that path), but these he loves. I’ll admit they’re probably my fav too, along with roasted zucchini or carrots.
I use Trader Joe’s frozen green beans because they taste JUST like fresh green beans, except they’re washed and trimmed and ready to be sauteed. Check out last week’s post about my favorite Trader Joe’s products, they’re on the list. I always keep 1-2 bags of them in the freezer, that way I always have a vegetable on hand to serve with dinners.
We eat them alongside pasta dishes usually. I’ll make spaghetti and meatballs, or some type of baked Italian dish like baked ziti or lasagna. We’ll also eat these alongside a meat dish, like a steak or baked chicken dish.
All you need is butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper. So simple! Does anyone else use the giant tubs of pre-minced garlic? I hate mincing garlic because of the smelly fingers afterwards. The pre-minced garlic you can buy in a one-pound tub, keep it in your fridge, and it lasts for at least 3-4 months if you use garlic in everything like I do.
This week’s meal plan has brisket scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, and I plan on making a big batch of these to serve alongside with some fresh cornbread.
Here are the instructions!
- 3-4 cups fresh or frozen long green beans (I use Trader Joe's frozen green beans)
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Place the green beans in a large glass dish, cover halfway with water. Microwave for about 6 minutes, or until the beans are soft.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the green beans and garlic.
- Let sautee for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the green beans to turn brownish and caramelize. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.