Hi friends, Happy Monday!
I am returning from a relaxing weekend that I spent with my boyfriend, Nick. His company paid for their entire staff + significant other to go down to the Travaasa Spa in Austin, Texas. We went horseback riding, did a “challenge course” and went two-stepping! Check back tomorrow for pictures and more details!
Today I’m sharing with you one of my new favorite recipes! This is your new best friend. If you like creamy pasta you’ll inhale this dish like I did. Pureeing avocado with fresh basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon, and half and half creates a smooth, creamy sauce without all the saturated fat that usually comes along with creamy pasta dishes.
I know this totally isn’t a normal winter dish. You’d think I would be posting about a thick, hearty stew or a pot roast. But it’s been in the 70’s here lately in Texas and frankly, it doesn’t feel much like winter yet.
The corn kernels add a touch of sweetness and crunch which balanced nicely against the creaminess of the sauce. The raw cherry tomatoes add a fresh and tangy bite.
This dish comes together in less than 12 minutes– you can make the sauce while the pasta is cooking, it’s so easy. The sauce requires no cooking– just combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree away.
When the pasta is done, combine with the creamy sauce, corn and tomatoes, and top with parmesan cheese! I remade this recipe after we had it for dinner the night before, just to take pictures of it. It was about two servings worth and I ended up eating both. Oops. It’s just too good.
What’s your favorite non-winter food to have in the winter?
Here’s the recipe for creamy avocado fettuccine:
- 8oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp half and half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, basil, garlic, juice from the lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil, half and half, and parmesan cheese. Puree until smooth. Add additional half and half if it's too thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the sauce, corn kernels and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately, top with additional parmesan cheese.
Get access to my free e-book, 15 Easy Veggie Sides!
You're going to love it!
Look in your inbox for a confirmation email along with a link to download the book.