Hi there Zen Friends! My name is Lindsay Cotter and I blog over at Cotter Crunch. So happy Emily is letting me share her space today. I love that about her, so generous!
Anyway, about me. I’m a pro triathlete’s “sherpa wife.” I make the fuel, and the refuel, and everything in between! Let’s just say I’m happy to be your guide to nutritious gluten free eating!
But the other main reason I blog is supporting others (and my husband) in pursuing their health and fitness goals!
I’d say my best support comes through fueling, especially with easy gluten free recipes/food!
Let’s talks about the food now, shall we?
Healthy Bites are my take on functional gluten free bite sized “ball” snacks. Each bite is made with natural, gluten-free and mostly organic ingredients.
What started off as a real food and gluten free snack option, to help with my personal health and my husband’s training, has now turned into my own little business. I am passionate about it and want to share these bites with others…kids, athletes, on the go mom’s, food allergy folks, and more! My mission is to make gluten free and process free food that actually tastes really good.
Sheesh, do I sound like a Corny Cotter or what? Haha.
Anyway, today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite flavors of Healthy Bites. It’s got all kinds of goodness in it, plus it’s grain free!
Perfect for breakfast on the go too! Okay it is good anytime of day, but if you need a little pick me up in the morning, these are my go too! And I’ve got tons more recipes in my Healthy Bites Ebooks, just sayin!
Vanilla LATTE Bites (Paleo or Vegan)
- 1/3- 1/3 cup whole coffee beans (the more, the strong the coffee flavor of course)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (can also use peanut flour or almond flour)
- 1/3-1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 6-8 tbsp Protein Powder (vanilla pea protein, whey, or hemp work great)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup.
- 1/2 tsp Butter or Vanilla Extract.
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- Optional-for more crunchy texture, add in 3 tbsp. shredded coconut
- Optional – If you don’t like coffee, just use chocolate chips or even dried fruit!
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients. Then mix in your nut butter, extracts, and last the honey.
- Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. If you have any coffee beans or coconut left, you can crush them then roll bites in the extra batter after you roll.
- Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Nutritional Value: Each bite contains approximately 45-50 Calories and around 2-3 g Protein.
- Note: To make this recipe nut free, use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead.
Thanks for letting me ramble on Emily’s Blog today. I mean, that’s what blogs are for right?
LC (aka Sherpa Wife)
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Cottercrunch on Facebook. I just created one HERE yay!
Hi! I’m Emily, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and self-taught intuitive chef. I firmly believe that cooking is the simplest and most important step we can take to improve our minds and bodies and build healthier communities. Join me and let’s bring food back to the kitchen!